Both Clubs have generously given the courtesy of their courses to COMPETITORS ONLY for practice on Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th April. The conditions of play on these two days are detailed below. Society Members must appreciate that speed of play is vital to ensure all games are completed in daylight.
Hon. Secretaries are asked to ensure that the Team Captain, and through him each member of his team, is fully aware of the following conditions.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
1. On Tuesday only 2 ball play is permitted.
2. On Wednesday only 2 or 3 ball play is permitted.
3. The free-of-charge practice times are solely for use by Members of the Society Hewitt teams or named reserves. Any other Society Member wishing to play must pay the green fee of the day before going out to play.
4. All play must commence from the first tee. Cutting in is not permitted under any circumstances, although Members may join games providing the “balls in play” condition is observed.
5. Members must be on the first tee at least 5 minutes before their starting time.
6. Play must be continuous and searching for balls must be kept to an absolute minimum. Replaying of shots is not permitted.
7. If lunches or teas are required, these should be booked in advance:
(Royal Cinque Ports 01304 374007 / Royal St George’s 01304 617308)
8. On Tuesday the first tee is reserved for Halford Hewitt competitors from 10:00am – 1:00pm and from 2:00pm – 4:30pm. The tee is reserved at all other times for Members of either Royal Cinque Ports or Royal St. George’s Golf Clubs. Members of either host Club wishing to play with a Non-Member must use the pre-arranged time.
TUESDAY 3rd APRIL
Reservations for not more than two starting times may be made in advance through the PSGS Hon. Secretary, either by telephone, e-mail or letter. The last day for reserving times will be Sunday 18thFebruary. After this date any unallocated times will be given to Societies requiring more than two starting times. A Reserve List will operate to ensure Societies requiring more than one starting time are treated fairly.
Hon Secretaries will be advised of their additional starting times shortly after 19th February.
WEDNESDAY 4th APRIL
Your Society’s starting times, as determined by the draw, are detailed below. It is acceptable for two Societies, provided they are drawn to play on the same course, to exchange starting times. Should a rearrangement be made, please advise me. PLEASE NOTE THAT PLAY IS NOW RESTRICTED TO 2 OR 3 BALL ONLY ALL DAY.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE LAST PRACTICE TIME THE FIRST TEE WILL BE CLOSED TO ENABLE THE GREEN STAFF TO FOLLOW ON BEHIND TO PREPARE THE COURSE FOR THE HALFORD HEWITT.
|1st Time||2nd Time||Match||School||Match||School|
|8.13||12.13||3||King Edward’s B’ham||35||Dulwich|
|8.27||12.27||4||Mill Hill||36||The Leys|
|10.47||2.47||26||Cranleigh||58||City of London|