The practice arrangements for this year have had to be amended due to the rescheduling of the tournament and the need to fit in around the existing commitments of both host clubs. Please read these details carefully as they differ from arrangements for “normal” years.
There are no pre-arranged practice times available for Tuesday 7th September although competitors may contact the host clubs directly and book a tee-time if available. Bookings will be on a first-come, first-served basis and a green-fee will be payable.
The conditions of play on the Wednesday are detailed below. Society Members must appreciate that speed of play is vital to ensure all games are completed in daylight.
Hon. Secretaries are asked to ensure that the Team Captain, and through him each member of his team, is fully aware of the following conditions.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- On Wednesday only 2 or 3 ball play is permitted.
- The free-of-charge practice times are solely for use by Members of the Society Hewitt teams or named reserves. Any other Society Member wishing to play must pay the green fee of the day before going out to play.
- All play must commence from the first tee. Cutting in is not permitted under any circumstances, although Members may join games providing the “balls in play” condition is observed.
- Members must be on the first tee at least 5 minutes before their starting time.
- Play must be continuous and searching for balls must be kept to an absolute minimum. Replaying of shots is not permitted.
- If lunches or teas are required, these should be booked in advance:
(Royal Cinque Ports 01304 374007 / )
WEDNESDAY 8th SEPTEMBER
Your Society’s starting times, as determined by the draw, are detailed below. It is acceptable for two Societies, provided they are drawn to play on the same course, to exchange starting times. Should a rearrangement be made, please advise me. PLEASE NOTE THAT PLAY IS NOW RESTRICTED TO 2 OR 3 BALL ONLY ALL DAY.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE LAST PRACTICE TIME THE FIRST TEE WILL BE CLOSED TO ENABLE THE GREEN STAFF TO FOLLOW ON BEHIND TO PREPARE THE COURSE FOR THE HALFORD HEWITT.
Wednesday starting times can be found here
|First Time||Second Time||Match||School||First Time||Second Time||Match||School|
|8.20||12.20||7||City of London||7.52||11.52||39||Shrewsbury|
|8.55||12.55||10||King Ed's B'ham||8.27||12.27||42||Charterhouse|